Tillingham, Pinot Gris, 2020

Tillingham, Pinot Gris, 2020

Regular price
Sold out
Sale price
Shipping calculated at checkout.

Country: England 

Region: East Sussex 

Grape: Pinot Gris 

Wine making: Manual harvested • Two separated batches, 40% of the whole blend was whole cluster fermented in concrete and topped with Pinot Gris juice and then pressed after two weeks to stainless steel. • The remaining 60% was crushed, destemmed and soaked for 6 days on skins and then fermented in large format oak (1200l). • The two components were then blended in a concrete tank after three months and aged for a further four months. • Racked to stainless steel and bottled by gravity with a small sulphur addition

Lucid amber in colour. A nose of rosewater, orange and bergamot is enveloped by a gentle tea-like tannic structure. Cassia bark and grippy pomegranate intertwine on a persistent finish. 

Situated on a slope leading down to the Tillingham River and ran by Ben Walgate, Tillingham is producing some really exciting natural wines. Organic and biodynamic practices are used in the vineyard with poly-culture farming taking place as well. Chalk and clay soils in vineyards that are some of the sunniest in the UK. 

We sell alcohol, are you 18 or older?